Ragging any form inside or outside our engineering & PG college in Warangal is banned and to have a peaceful atmosphere in and around the College, Canteen, Library and Hostels. An Anti-Ragging Committee with the faculty and staff members are constituted to govern the same. If anybody found indulged in such kind of activities, strict action will be taken irrespective of the extent. Any individual or group of individuals who indulge in an act or practise of ragging in and around our engineering & Telangana pg college constitutes gross indiscipline and such individual/ groups shall be dealt with as per the ordinance.
Individual or collective acts or practices that involve physical assault or threat or use of physical force, which violate the status, dignity, and honour of any student.
Violating the status, dignity and honour of girl students.
Violating the status, dignity and honour of SC and ST students.
Exposing students to ridicule and contempt thereby affect their self-esteem.
Entail verbal abuse and aggression indecent gestures and obscene behaviour.
- AICTE Anti-Ragging Notification
- UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educations
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit (Proforma)
- College Anti Ragging Committee
College has taken various precautions as per AICTE / UGC Norms to prevent ragging and ensure 100% no-ragging.
- Formed Anti Ragging Committee consisting of faculty and staff members.
- Committee has taken steps and allotted duties to all the staff members at almost all areas in the college and Hostels (i.e. Departmental Buildings, Canteen, Library, parking places, play grounds, Hostels etc.) to avoid ragging activities.
- Wide canvassing about anti-ragging, is being done in the forms of display of Flexi banners, Meetings, and Boards in college, Canteen, Hostel premises and surrounding areas where there is a chance of ragging.
- Awareness programmes were conducted in the form of meetings to the students.
PROHIBITION OF RAGGING:
- Ragging is prohibited as per Act 26 of A.P. Legislative Assembly, 1997.
- Ragging entails heavy fines and / or imprisonment.
- Ragging invokes suspension and dismissal from the College.
- Outsiders are prohibited from entering the hostels without permission.
- Girl students must be in their hostel rooms by 9.00pm.
- All the students must carry their Identity Cards and show them when demanded.
- The Principal and the Wardens will visit the hostels and inspect the rooms any time.
- Suspended students are debarred from entering the Campus except when required to attend enquiry and to submit an explanation.
PROHIBITION OF RAGGING IN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ACT 26 OF 1997 PROMULGATED BY LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
- Ragging within or outside any Educational Institution is prohibited.
- Ragging means doing an act which causes or is likely to cause insult or annoy or fear or apprehension or threat intimidation or outrage or injury to a student.
- A student convicted of any of the above offences, will be dismissed from the college.
- A student imprisoned for more than six months for any of the above offences will not be admitted in any other colleges.
- A Student against whom there is prima-facie evidence of ragging in any form will be suspended from the college immediately.